Wednesday, June 19, 2013

a love/hate relationship...

At times like this, I hate being single.  I hate that there is not a God loving man at my side.  Holding my hand, letting me cry on his shoulder, whispering anything..even words that seem empty...in an attempt to bring comfort, kissing me on the top of my head.  I hate that I stand alone and I don't have that.

At times like this, I love being single.  I love that I am made to be completely dependent on God.  That I don't stand alone.  That I know he is the one holding my hand and letting me cry on his shoulder.  His words are the only ones that bring true comfort and I am drawn to the scriptures to seek what he has to say.  That even though when I don't understand or even like what's happening in my life, I can trust his heart...knowing that he's been there and that he's always come through for me in the past.  I also love that through it he sends people my way.  To hold my hand, to say encouraging and loving words, to let me cry on their shoulder, and to even kiss me on the top of my head.

No comments: