Thursday, January 02, 2014

One Word: TRUST

it's been decided. my word for 2014 is TRUST. i started with trust and then went to risk and then to brave and then courage...and ended up back at trust. i'm pretty sure that when i learn to trust in God, myself, and others i will also learn to be more brave, have more courage, and take more risks.

trust: assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something.

Psalm 13:5-6 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me.

Psalm 56:3  When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

"Few delights can equal the presence of one whom we trust utterly." George MacDonald

3 comments:

Shelly Miller said...

I love how you came around to Trust. So true. I'm also linked up with One Word 365 focused on Trust this year and wanted to introduce myself as a fellow sojourner. Praying God answers prayers . . . for both of us.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! My word is "trust" too ... if you want to read my post it's at: http://www.messymiddle.com/2014/01/02/does-god-play-with-us-like-a-cat-with-a-mouse/


I'm thinking the third Tuesday of every month hosting a "Trusting Tuesday" link up where people can link up what they are learning or where they are in their journey of trust. If you'd be interested, let me know at messymiddle@gmail.com.

Amy

Unknown said...

Found you on OneWord365! My word is Trust too. I love how you came about the word.

I has similar thoughts. Brave. Courage. Resolve. Faith. Joy.

And I kept coming back to Trust. If I learn to Trust... The Lord, Myself, Others then all these other things will be added.